- All participants must check-in by 9 AM (River Ramblers) or 9:30 AM (All other race classes).
- No alcohol will be allowed in any craft.
- No animals will be allowed in any craft.
- ALL canoes must meet ACA WW Open Canoe Specifications
- You must be at least 12 years of age (with an adult in the craft) unless you have prior approval from the Race Coordinator.
- You must be at least 16 years of age if no adult is present.
- You must have consent of parent or guardian if under 18 years of age.
- Official times will only be provided for all that finish by 1:30 PM.
- In the event of a capsize, racing contestants will not be disqualified if they accept only enough help to get them and their craft to shore.
- All racers in open canoes will use single blade paddles only. Racers in kayaks or decked boats may use either single or double blade paddles.
- Overtaking canoes have the right of way on the water.
- Coast Guard approved, over-the-shoulder, correctly sized life jackets must be worn at all times.
No refunds will be issued for a cancellation less than seven days before the event. Prior to that, a 75% refund will be issued.
This is a rain or shine event. If there is lightning in the area, the race will be delayed until the storm has passed.
High Water Contingency
All participants are responsible for making their own decision about what water levels they are comfortable in.
If the race organizers deem the water level is too high for an experienced recreational paddler, the race may be postponed or relocated to a suitable flatwater paddling location such as the Waterbury Reservoir or the Wrightsvill Reservoir. All participants will be kept apprised of changes via email and Facebook.