*NEW!* Winooski River Watershed Waterproof Map and Guide
The Winooski River Watershed contains some of the most appealing landscapes of Vermont. In fact, it includes nearly10% of all land area in the state! Recreation opportunities abound in the watershed. This double-sided, waterproof map is designed to guide paddlers, anglers, swimmers, and other outdoor enthusiasts seeking to explore the waterways of the region.
Unique design details include:
- Waterproof, ten panel, two sided map covering 240 river miles
- All river based recreational facilities (Access points, primitive campsites, campgrounds, portage trails, swimming holes, points of interest)
- Businesses of interest to visitors (outfitters, lodging establishments, convenience stores)
- Other recreational opportunities (side hikes, bike routes and paths, museums and cultural attractions)
- Natural and cultural history insights
- River mileages for access points and campsites
- Recommended river trips and tips
- Folds to a 4” x 9” size
Order yours via the button below. Also available at Umiak Outfitters (Stowe), Clearwater Sports (Waitsfield), and coming soon to more retail stores.
A Paddling and Natural History Guide to One of Vermont's Great Rivers!
As part of the Winooski River Sojourn, Friends of the Winooski created a paddling and natural history guide for the mainstem to introduce people to the river. The maps and accompanying articles provide paddlers with information on where to access the river, as well as obstacles to watch out for such as dams and major rapids.
You can download a copy of A Paddling and Natural History Guide to One of Vermont's Great Rivers!